Shop The Most Popular Outlander Patterns
Highland Forest Shawl Knitting Pattern
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
You will get – Digital download (1 PDF)
Inspired by Claire Fraser wearing beautiful knitted pieces, the triangle wrap is knit by working from the top down.
The shawl will grow in size through a series of increases that occur through yarn overs.
This also gives a nice open stitch design down the spine of the shawl and along the edges.
- Yarn A - Alize SuperLana Maxi (100g (3.53 oz)/100mt (109 yards) - in the colour 426 - Green x 6 (S/M) x 8 (L/XL) x 10 (XL/XXL)
- Yarn B - Alize SuperLana Maxi (100g (3.53 oz)/100mt (109 yards) - in the colour 60 - Black x 1 (S/M) x 1 (L/XL) x 2 (XL/XXL)
Yarn weight - Bulky / Chunky / 12 Ply.
- 8mm (US 11) knitting needles – I used my interchangeable circular needles on a 40″/100cm cable as there were many stitches – I did not join in the round to knit.
- 10mm (US 15) interchangeable circular needles to cast off.
Level - Intermediate
This is an intermediate-level knitting pattern and the techniques involved are the knit stitch, purl stitch, yarn over, changing yarn colors, casting on, and casting off.
*Please note - The measurements below are a rough guide, you can knit this shawl until it is comfortable for you to wear - test it out against yourself to see if you want to make the length shorter or longer before casting off.
- S / M - width tip to tip - 80 inches / 203 cm
- Length - top to bottom = 36 inches / 91 cm
- L /XL - width tip to tip - 100 inches / 254 cm
- Length - top to bottom = 39 inches / 100 cm
- XL/XXL - width tip to tip - 110 inches / 279 cm
- Length - top to bottom = 42 inches / 107 cm
• SELLING FINISHED ITEMS
Small batch sales of finished pieces made from this pattern are permitted, but the seller must use their own photographs and credit must be given to Handy Little Me as the designer.
Join The Handy Little Me Knitting + Crochet Community to connect with other makers of Handy Little Me patterns for help with techniques and pattern-related questions.